Position – Engineer, CAD
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
POSITION NAME: Engineer, CAD
DIVISION OR CORPORATE FUNCTION:
Datacom & Specialty Solutions (DSS CSBU IDS)
REVISION DATE: Apr, 2022
LOCATION: MIBS Bangalore, India
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Engineering
CONTACTS: Internal: Peers, Design and manufacturing teams, management, model shops, and production facilities.
External: Internal customers are mainly on the technical side routinely.
Responsible for supporting the design & development of DSS (Datacom & Specialty Solutions) tooling, gages, and fixtures. Executes the project and delivers to the customer with minimum supervision. Supports engineering team on all projects in 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, engineering changes, technical documents, product testing, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support design, development, and modification of DSS products, tooling, gages, and fixtures that meet or exceed customer expectations. Utilizes a working knowledge of material costs and manufacturing processes to determine the impact on various design attributes. Provides input to the DFMEA and DFM of the product, as required.
- Works with manufacturing engineering to develop manufacturing processes utilizing the latest 3D CAD modeling techniques and other DFM tools.
- Provides technical support to customers, suppliers, and new product development teams.
- Executes design, and tooling projects from the development of the concept through volume production.
- Need to focus on value creation through innovation & process improvement.
- Checks engineering, manufacturing, and sales and engineering drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Understands and applies Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) to all engineering drawings
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Understand, support, and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO), and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Support design, development & modifications of DSS products, tooling, gages and fixtures. Products are designed using 3D CAD solid models, 2D detailed engineering drawings, GD&T, FMEA & component FAI. Completes projects according to internal product development procedures and ISO/QS requirements.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s/Additional qualification in Manufacturing/Tooling/Design engineering
- 2 years in the design of gage and fixture, tooling design, design of fabrication & machined components. 3D modeling & 2D drafting experience
- Gage & fixture design, tooling design, 3D modeling and 2D drafting in NX software
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in designing fabrication & machined components
- Experience in design of gage and fixture, mold/sheet metal tooling designs
- Proficient in solid modeling experience to generate 3D models & 2-D drawings
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections
- Strong understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team
- Travel will be required as necessary
Material and manufacturing knowledge of plastic, sheet metal & machined components
Proficient in Siemens NX 11 and PLM/PDM
FOR HUMAN RESOURCES USE ONLY:
JOB SHORT TEXT:
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position. This description is not intended to be interpreted as a complete list of all duties, responsibilities or requirements for this position.