Position – Design Engineer
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Development of new and existing products that meet or exceed expectations. Support Project Engineers and manager on all projects in development, product testing, generates models, 2-D engineering changes, technical documents etc
What You Will Do In Your Role
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With some guidance from Project Engineers and manager, develops new product design, updates existing products, and manage product extension (sustaining engineering).
- Provides technical support to internal & external customers globally.
- Coordinates product activities with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, and quality using the engineering change notifications (ECN) procedures.
- Responsible to provide good clear communication and being proactive in all day-to-day activities.
- Performs design verification activities to ensure that designs meet the specification requirements.
- Checks tooling manufacturing drawings and other documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining our electronic project management and time sheet database files.
- Understand, support, and contribute to the Molex Market Based Management (MBM) philosophy, Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO), and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
SCOPE: Position to develop / support new and existing products that meet or exceed customer expectations. Supports Project Engineers and manager on all projects in development to generate revenue and growth for Business Unit. Project Engineers to review designs and help as needed.
REQUIRED: Engineering Technology Design Certificate or equivalent.
PREFERRED: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
Design experience of electro mechanical products with basic understanding of dimensioning, tolerancing, and material selection. CAD understanding in a technical field, engineering, or manufacturing environment.
PREFERRED: 2+ years of design experience using a parametric CAD system.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and solve problems with sound solutions.
- Good verbal and written skills for exchange of information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Knowledge of NX CAD Software & ECTR document management software.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of material properties.