Position – Engineering Technician
Company – Milacron
Exp. – 0 to 2 years
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Description Summary
The Engineering & Product Development Job Family Group is responsible for the engineering and technical operations of the organization, as well as managing or performing research and development. Activities include undertaking research, design, and development to improve the organization’s products and services; designing, constructing, testing, and operating equipment; ensuring that standards of quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness, and performance are met in production processes; interpreting plans, drawings, and specifications; developing and testing theories under various conditions in a laboratory environment; researching the environmental effects of the organization’s activities.
The Engineering Technician Job Family assessing engineering requirements and translating into technical blueprints, drawings, layouts, and simulation models using engineering software or applying standard CAD/CAM/CAE techniques to digitize, edit, and revise engineering drawings of components, parts, and assemblies, Customizing CAD/CAM/CAE software to model complex or unusual designs, Collaborating with product/manufacturing process engineers by recommending changes, Verifies completeness and accuracy of data and resolves discrepancies with document originators, develops and maintains procedures and standards for maintaining documents and change control of documents.
Job duties encompass a variety of straightforward tasks, processes, or systems OR are focused on specific routine tasks. Ability to recognize and solve typical problems, without supervisory approval. Manages own workload, with periodic guidance under moderate supervision
Must be able to generate designs from concepts, taking into consideration manufacturability and cost. Must be able to support standard product design and maintenance as well as special customer project work. Responsible for producing information for manufacturing and documentation and for release into Coperion K-Tron MAPICS ERP system.
Work You’ll Do:
- Create new designs.
- Ensure the availability of proposed components for a design.
- Create/revise drawings, models, and assemblies – AutoCAD / AutoDesk Inventor from markups, layouts, or verbal instructions.
- Create layouts from concepts, in a fashion to ease the creation of detailed fabrication drawings.
- Select raw material, and calculate weight and volume.
- Perform other calculations, i.e., the center of gravity, bend, and stress moments.
- Ensure mechanical fit of all components in a given assembly.
- Coordinate proper creation of item details including type (make vs. purchase), manufacturability, and bill of materials.
- Create/maintain and release data/drawings in ERS, MAPICS, and other business systems.
- Prepare project-related reports.
- Self-check completed assignments and cross-check co-workers completed assignments.
- Perform electrical tasks when necessary.
- Coordinate activities for him/herself and other members of drafting group sharing same assignment, produce quality work and meet time schedule.
- Work with project and product engineering personnel.
- Respond to ER’s (Engineering Requests) or equivalent for product corrections and improvements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all required information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineer design supporting Coperion K-Tron Equipment system business.
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical
- Experience – 0 to 2 years
- Knowledge in Autodesk suites (Inventor, Vault and AutoCAD)
Who we are:
Milacron is a global leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of highly engineered and customized systems within the $27 billion plastic technology and processing industry. We are the only global company with a full-line product portfolio that includes hot runner systems, injection molding, extrusion equipment. We maintain strong market positions across these products, as well as leading positions in process control systems, mold bases and components, maintenance, repair and operating (“MRO”) supplies for plastic processing equipment. Our strategy is to deliver highly customized equipment, components and service to our customers throughout the lifecycle of their plastic processing technology systems. Milacron is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and “Shape What Matters for Tomorrow”.