Position – Engineer-R&D Product Analyst
Company – Michelin
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Michelin, the leading tire company, is dedicated to sustainably improving the mobility of goods and people by manufacturing and marketing tires and services for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles/motorcycles, earthmovers, farm equipment and trucks.
It also offers digital mobility support services and publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand, France, Michelin is present in more than 170 countries, has 111,200 employees and operates 67 production plants in 17 different countries.
Michelin has a Technology Center in charge of research and development, with operations in Europe, North America and Asia. In short, whether you look at our mission, our products or our people, Michelin is a company that truly helps you to move forward…
Visit our website to discover more about us www.michelin.com
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on feasibility studies and creating models for new and modified designs.
- Key participant to work with project team to research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications and criterias to determine feasibility of design.
- Collaborates with other project team members across zones to create and validate a product model with CAD/FEA tools.
- Understand well the mechanics and functioning modes in the FEA models to better predict failures and help in tuning the models to better suite the product and market needs.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders to define acceptable quality levels and continuously manages the expectations of stakeholders.
- A university degree (BE/ME) in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering with 0-3 years of professional experience.
- Must be a team player, able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Good understanding of Engineering mechanics, the strength of materials, CAD/CAM, and Finite element analysis.
- Good understanding and exposure to tools like Catia, and Commercial FEA tools, like Abaqus, and Nastran will be added advantages.
- Strong communication skills, oral, written, and presentation.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills to achieve results.
- Strong personal and professional values and integrity.
Key Expected Achievements
The analyst_1 provides
- For cured tire: technical studies (simulations, essais limités, DOE, etc.) at the request of others (developers/designers, PdCs, PdEs, etc…), taking into account capabilities and limits of available tools and methods.
- For systems: technical studies (analytical calculation (bearings, structural, simulations, physical validations, DOE, etc.) at the request of others (developers/designers, PdCs, PdEs, etc.), taking into account capabilities and limits of available tools and methods.