Position – Engineer/Sr. Engineer Quality- Pumps 1
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Alwar, Rajasthan, IN
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job posting end date: 07/30/2021
|Title:||Deputy Manager -Pump Testing|
|Location||India – Alwar|
|Report to||Team Lead/Manager Quality Assurance|
Deputy Manager Pump Testing, QA Pumps work primarily with customization testing for Customer orders and technical evaluation of customer documents, Global Testing tasks and technical support to manufacturing and other Testing program demanded by globally. Cooperation with Application & COE, Procurement and Production units both locally and globally will be part of the day to day tasks
- Ensures activities of production/ quality testing, R&D testing of centrifugal pumps as per order requirement and other standard specifications.
- Establish and execute on a project strategy to ensure the testing activities meet the global testing requirements.
- Analysis of data, production of technical reports, summarizing pump performance, system characteristics and potential opportunities.
- Develop and implement testing set up for new products and testing arrangements suitable to customer demand.
- Ensures maintenance and calibration of various electrical equipment such as induction motors, transmitters, VFD, PLC, etc.
- Manages and ensures compliance to Metso standards, policies, and procedures.
- Broad experience in monitoring, trending and troubleshooting rotating equipment problems.
- Should be able to prepare/ review specifications based on process data.
- Capable in the review and development of related computer tools and documentation.
- Should be Knowledgeable about Engineering software and Design Codes.
- conversant with API and ISO standards for all the Rotating equipment’s like pumps, Compressors, steam turbines, lube oil systems, Material of Construction etc and other rotating equipment’s.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Submission of technical quires raised by lobal testing team & Customer on time
- Health, Safety and Environmental actions according to policy
- Work sharing with Global Testing team.
- Reports to local QA manager / team-lead.
- Internal and external interfaces
Close cooperation with:
- Other Pump Test team based in other regions
- Planning and production departments.
- The Front End operations organization
- Global Testing Team, Customers and Sales & Service Organizations
- Quality Assurance and other supply chain function for deviation approval and supplier feedback requiring design updates.
Own decision rights:
- Makes technical decisions on testing results and testing related topics.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or electrical Engineering with relevant focus area towards pump testing.
- Experience in use of HIS Standard or familiar with any other pump testing code is an advantage.
- Experience of centrifugal pumps, castings, welded design, rubber parts is a plus.
- Have a good knowledge & should be conversant with SAP- Quality Module.
Skills and abilities
- Positive and solution-oriented interaction skills with counterparts as required.
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Efficient end results-oriented approach.
- Works well in teams as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time given with own responsibility to plan and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Service mindset with strong focus on business growth and profitability.
- Operates per ethical principles in all situations.
- Maintains and develops highest safety culture and standards.
- Maintains open and active communication within the organization.
About The Company
Metso Outotec was created through the combination of Metso Minerals and Outotec on June 30, 2020. We are a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the minerals processing, aggregates and metals refining industries globally. We ranked 8th on the 2021 Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
For our customers’ benefit
We offer technologies and services that reduce the consumption of energy and water by increasing process efficiency, recycling and reprocessing of tailings and waste. Our extensive offering for the full plant, from equipment to a broad range of services, helps our customers improve their profitability and lower their operating costs and risks. We have strong R&D and innovation power, and we are continuously looking for new ways to introduce innovations for our customers’ benefit.
We understand our customer’s world and the daily challenges they face. Together, we can partner for positive change.
Enabling sustainable modern life
We aim to be a sustainability leader in our industry. Sustainability at Metso Outotec is founded on our strategy, and code of conduct, as well as on selected, globally acknowledged guidelines and principles. By providing new and better technologies and changing current ways of operating, we help our customers meet their sustainability goals.
One of our key targets is our commitment to the 1.5 °C journey, with targets that are validated by the Science Based Targets initiative. Our all-encompassing approach on sustainability is called Planet Positive. We ranked 8th on the 2021 Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
Reshaping the future
Our ambition is to be a top-tier company, with a high focus on digitalization. We provide data and analytics to help improve our customers’ equipment and processes. We aim to offer a digital customer journey for their entire equipment lifecycle. As an example, we have a digital channel for easy orderingof spare and wear partsfor aggregates distributors and our direct end customers. For mining customers, we have an advanced IoT solution to predict maintenance needs and optimize the process, maximize uptime and improve safety.