Position – Paint Engineer
Company – Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
Location – Manesar, Gurugram
Department: Paint Engineering
Division : Production Engineering
Education: BE/B.Tech (Paint/Mechanical/Chemical)
Level : Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager
- New plant set-up, process & layout planning, equipment procurement, installation and commissioning of equipment for paint shop.
- Designing of conveyor facility for new models & upgradation of existing equipment in Paint facilities.
- Knowledge of paints, its application methods, issues & countermeasures.
- Process Planning :- Process design considering capacity requirement, material flow and process requirement.
- Facility Planning & set-up :- Preparation of Equipment specification [Mechanical and Electrical], layouts, procurement of equipment involving Techno-commercial evaluation through tendering process, installation & commissioning for Booth, Oven, PT/ED, Conveyors etc.
- Designing of painting jigs , sealer & wax nozzles.
- Capacity expansion for existing set-up by Bottleneck identification & elimination by Kaizens & cycle time reduction.
- New technology introduction for supporting the desirable Manufacturing process in paint shops.
- Proactively Identification of defects and planning for rectification.
- Upgrading equipment of existing paint shops incorporating latest technology ,energy efficient solutions.
- Knowledge of paints, its application technology, issues & countermeasures.
- Painting robots, Online/Offline robot teaching for body & Bumper, robot & teaching issues & countermeasures.
- Designing of low viscous & high viscous material circulation system.
- Performing basic testing to evaluate properties of paint film .
- Designing of fire protection system in flammable areas of paint shops.
- Digital mock up for concurrent engineering in new models.
- Domain knowledge of manufacturing processes at Paint Shops. A person should be able to read drawings and should be able to judge the quality control parameters requirement and techniques.
- Ability to understand technical and commercial requirements for the set-up of Paint shop & to evaluate alternatives with Cost-benefit analysis
- Hands-on experience on equipment/plant set-up related to the Paint shop for 2-wheeler / 4-wheeler
- Familiar with software such as Uni-graphics, Auto-cad, Factory-CAD, ED Simulation, Off-Line robot programming (OLP).
- Ability to effectively communicate specific requirements with suppliers and monitor the overall development process at the supplier end
- Strategic Thinking & Strong execution orientation and problem-solving approach
- Target orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication & presentation skills
- Achievement orientation
- Team player
- Networking skills.
Job ID – 14049
Job Type – Full-time
Location – Manesar, Gurugram
Experience – 3 – 6 Years
Business Unit – Production Business Verticle
Organization – PLSFHR