Position – Senior Manager – Engine Design
Company – Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
Years of Exp – 10+yrs of relevant experience In Powertrain design
Education – Graduate, PG in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering
Industry Type – Automotive (2-3-4 Wheeler)
Design, develop, test, benchmark Powertrain components, assemblies for performance, manufacturability & assembly
- Requisite knowledge of New Product Development
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams across several verticals such as Procurement, Marketing, Materials, Purchase, Manufacturing, Quality etc to strategies the concept of the new vehicle to be designed.
- Lead the Powertrain product development cycle beginning from the Design Prototype to the various trials, supplier localization till mass Production
- Mentor and develop the team of design & development, quality and testing engineers
- Good exposure in VAVE
- Should have proficiency at design calculations of Mechanical components like Engine, transmission, shafts, flywheel, pulleys, sprockets, bearings & springs etc.
- Should be skilled at selection of standard components (Electric motor, gearbox, coupling, hydraulic cylinders, power packs & valves).
- Should be skilled at 2D layout, 3D modelling, assembly and be aware of the techniques and methods of virtual validation
- Analyzing the existing design & building prototypes & developing new systems.
- Value analysis & value engineering for cost & lead time reduction and removing defects.
- Should have experience in Design & manufacturing of castings, forgings, sheet metal components, metal and plastics for two wheelers
- Help develop procurement, build up and testing of prototype engines from the concept phase through the validation testing phase for the evaluation of mechanical, thermal and electrical performance
- Possess technical expertise with ability to respond to short term technical issues
- Procure and assemble mechanical component for testing and install instrumentation to validate technology development
- Attend customer meetings and provide design results as needed to communicate with the customer on project status
- Graduate or MS (Mechanical/Automotive Engineer) with a minimum of 10+ years of two-wheeler R&D powertrain design experience
- Extensive experience with component testing and operating rigs to acquire powertrain performance, vibration, thermal, lubrication, fluid flow, and acoustic data
- Experience with the design, analysis, and testing of powertrain components
- Experience with design tools and standards
- Design expertise in powertrain components including conceptual design, detailed design, testing, validation, and product implementation
- Deep analytical capability in assessing the stress, lubrication and performance prediction of powertrain design
- Experience with product design constraints, manufacturing techniques, and material processing selections
- Interpersonal, leadership and communication skills in a global team environment
- Execution mindset and sense of urgency
- High efficiency in using 3D solid modeling software (i.e. Unigraphics)
- High efficiency in UG NX, ACAD and similar CAD software, exposure to the application and use CAE tools
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills