Position – Project Manager
As a Mechanical Engineer, the main focus is on the technical activities relating to the mechanical systems for Maersk Tankers vessels and would also be required to coordinate all engineering work during the basic and detail design stage which will translate our requirements into technical drawings and functional specifications as part of a project team. This will contribute to efficient production and maximize quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of the new builds.
- Responsible for End-to end execution of miscellaneous repair, conversion and retrofit projects.
- Require subject matter expertise on machinery and cargo systems for new building projects.
- Development of conceptual design and selection of appropriate machinery for new construction of sea going oil tankers vessels.
- Key interface between the owners, yard, engineering consultant and OEM’s to execute project in accordance with applicable standards while maintaining schedules, budgets and performance targets.
- Review of engineering design, analysis, class approvals required therewith for marine machinery installations.
- Provide manufacturing support to shipyards and supervise construction and surveys towards vessel classification which also involves yard negotiations.
Repairs, conversions and retrofit projects:
- Managing execution of projects from concept to commissioning.
- Crisp co-ordination between internal and external stakeholders including Fleet managers, Superintendents, Vessel crew, Yard, Engineering Consultants, Class and OEM’s.
- Estimation and tracking of budgeted finances.
- Implement knowledge sharing, documenting learnings and developmental updates with relevant departments.
- Ensuring all design, installation and commissioning is done considering “safety first”.
- Collaborate closely with technical and commercial groups to ensure that the vessels are efficient in trading and cost.
- Mechanical or Marine Engineering background, within the Marine sector (min. 5 years of experience)
- Experience with ship design of oil and chemical tanker vessel
- Experience with design and engineering of oil and chemical tanker vessels
- Experience working with shipyards for new-buildings and conversions
- Project management experience with multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
- Good communication/collaboration skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a larger group.