Position – Sr. Design Engineer
Company – Liebherr India Private Limited
Location – Aurangabad, Maharashtra, IN
Responsible for assigning parts of Design and Development including target BOM estimation, investment working, and contributing to the tool development till the Product SOP completion.
- Product design & development.
- Preparation of 3D design of various parts according to DFM.
- Creating & checking production & assembly drawings with all details.
- Uploading all 3D & 2D data on the PDM for future reference.
- Interaction with cross-functional teams for specific issues.
- Convert industrial design ideas into 3D-engineered models.
- Preparation of prototypes & testing.
- Checking of assembly parts fitments during trials.
- Interaction with the procurement team while part of the development phase.
- DFM of plastic parts given by supplier & clear according to manufacturing feasibility.
- Visit suppliers to assess the processes & evaluate the product quality.
- Visit suppliers for Tool trial and modification
- Study field quality issues, and provide & implement countermeasures for field appliance products.
- Involve in product development activities & give any suggestions for any process improvements.
- Assembly and part fitment trails for upcoming Product Launching
- Evaluate Cost-saving and quality improvement ideas and implementation.
- Conduct and assist in Pilot trails, pre- and MP trails
Basic Education and Experience
- B.E Mechanical.
- Should be proficient in Creo software.
- Plastic part and injection molding knowledge
Competency and skill
- Design Software Proficiency
- Plastic and sheet metal part design and development independently.
- Initiative & Innovative Approach
- Analytical and Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills