Position – Primary Engineer – UPD
Company – Larsen & Toubro Limited
Exp. – 3 to 7 years
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Knowledge & Posting Location
- SINGLE LINE DIAGRAMS
- LAYOUT DESIGN
Objective / Purpose As a Design Engineer (Primary), the person shall be capable of preparing, reviewing & executing Primary Engineering Activities for Substation Projects as per the direction of the Design Lead (Primary). He must have good knowledge of Layout Engineering in Substation Projects. He shall facilitate the modelers in the development of the BIM 3D Model for Substations.
As a Design Engineer (Primary), the person shall be required to design the layout of the substation and provide inputs to the draftsman for the development of drawings.
- Timely review of the drawings developed by the draftsman
- Interact with Site Execution & Cluster teams for clarification w.r.t. the design of equipment
- Coordinate with inter-disciplinary areas, inter-departmental checks (Civil & Structural, MEP & Instrumentation) for obtaining concurrence in design specifications
- Ensure compliance to specification requirements
- Review of drawings (2D & 3D) and Documentation conforming to Quality systems
- Review of Vendor Offers and Documents
- Pre-Tender Engineering including estimation of BOM (Bill of Materials) and Offer Reviews
- Prepare design calculations of all Substation equipment (sizing calculations of Busbar, UPS, DG, LT Transformer, Earthing Conductor) & other calculations (viz. Short circuit force, Sag tension, etc.)
- Reviewing of Bill of Material and comparing it with the Tender Quantity
Technical Expertise: The engineer should have basic knowledge of distribution systems up to 33 kV including RMU, package SS, RTU, DP structure, 4 pole structure arrangements, etc
The Design Engineer (Primary) shall have as add on a complete understanding of Primary Engineering activities like SLD Preparation, Layout Engineering, Earthing, Cable Routing, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Cable Tray Routing, etc. He should be capable of performing design & sizing calculations of Busbar, UPS, DG, LT Transformer, and Earthing Conductor, calculations (Short circuit force, Sag tension, etc.). The Engineer is required to have knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards. In addition, the Design Engineer (Primary) should also have an overall understanding of the inter-disciplinary (Civil & Structural, Mechanical, and Instrumentation) design aspects of electrical equipment.