Position – Diploma Engineer Trainee
Company – Konecranes
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
We are now looking for Diploma Trainee who is passionate about working with our Crane Service team. In this role, you will be responsible for services and maintenance at site location.
Your key role:
- Work assignments are planned by the branch (service planner or maintenance planner) and assigned to the Trainee.
- The Trainee accepts work packages and enters work against the SR/WP.
- The Trainee cannot create new service requests (except through “do work”).
- Record faults/exceptions using the Risk & Recommendation method,
- Estimate labor hours and parts cost for repairs.
- Perform Safety Review and Visit Review and record the next steps.
- Consult with our customers to permit informed buying decisions based on recommendations made.
Qualification: Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical
Competencies and skills we expect for this role:
- Good written and verbal communication in English, any other language is a plus
- Ability to work in teams
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Awareness of ISO 14001 and 45001 standards
What we offer you:
In return, we can offer you an exciting and challenging role and a flexible working environment to form a part of the
Industrial Services, South Asia sub-regional team, you will create value-added support locally and deliver services as per our Lifting People Strategy.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination.