Konecranes is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer, Q-Comp & Ex-Proof Offer Engineering
Company – Konecranes
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Experience required: 1 to 3 years
Educational Qualification: BE (Mechanical)
- Material handling or crane industry experience in the field of design.
- Candidate should have knowledge of crane design & strong in the basics of mechanical engineering.
- Good at preparing drawings in AutoCAD.
- Excellent problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Customer-focused with a drive for excellent customer satisfaction.
This position requires excellent understanding of wire rope hoists, cranes and its components from techno-commercial aspects. The hired Engineer will be responsible for the direct techno commercial sales support to the India frontline operations for the customized sales design solutions involving wire rope hoists; checking technical specifications from tender documents and making preliminary offer drawings. Must be familiar with industry specifications including crane standards FEM & EN. Excellent Verbal and written communication plays a key role in this position. This position requires the direct interface between sales and the global sales support, order engineering and the production facility
- Act as a direct interface to the sales for all the needed techno-commercial support on Wire rope hoists and crane solutions.
- Interpret the required technical specifications to determine the scope of work
- Ability to search company archives to find records of reference offers. Must be proficient in reading mechanical equipment and structural drawings.
- Perform offer engineering tasks using established procedures. Create equipment layouts, undertake all necessary mechanical and structural calculations to confirm designs and generate solution-based mechanical and structural designs.
- Escalate and Co-ordinate support for offer inquiries to the global offer support team
- Communicate the schedule for deliveries of offer requests to the requestor & the reporting Manager
- Assure quality assurance in the drawing & design process by monitoring the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and implementing the corrective actions.
- The minimum education requirement is a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience with wire rope hoist or similar industrial equipment
- Good design knowledge of wire rope hoists, cranes, and components
- Good understanding of the business requirements to pitch the most cost-effective solution to the sales
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude, commercial and customer-oriented mindset
- Competencies in 2D CAD tool (Vertex) & SAP will be an added advantage
- Can do attitude and ability to generate solutions
- Ability to create and implement new ways of working, create trust, and work in effective cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Awareness of ISO 14001 and 45001 Standards
What We Can Offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Work-Life Balance
- Innovative and dynamic working environment
- Possibility to work in a leading crane building company with leading technology
- Opportunity to work on a Global platform
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment that is free from any form of discrimination.