Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Koch Engineered Solutions
Location – Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Koch Engineered solutions (KES) is a global leader in emissions-control products, Heat transfer products, Mass transfer product and clean-air Combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our expertise includes: Burners, Flares, Flue gas treatment, Gas recovery, Landfill and biogas systems, Thermal oxidizers, Vapor control, Heat transfer, Mass Transfer, Oil, gas, and liquids separation, treating and conditioning, Combustion monitoring, Turnkey services, etc.
Our vision is to become the preferred partner delivering superior value by developing, integrating, and applying innovative technical and service solutions for industrial value chains. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to come join our team.
The Mechanical Engineer will participate within the project engineering team to the execution of contracts for the major petrochemical industry players. He/ she will be responsible for the hydraulic design of the piping systems, specifications, technical evaluations and engineering of the mechanical packages and piping equipment for the project until completion. Working in a multidisciplinary team, he / she will ensure his deliverables and the packages meet the quality requirements of the project on-time. He / she should be able to work in a dynamic situation supporting other equipment groups / products and must have good communication skills.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
· Perform hydraulic design sizing of non-proprietary and utility piping systems
- Establish engineering specifications and material requisitions
- Ensure technical review of suppliers offers
- Manage communication on technical aspects with suppliers
- Manage communication on technical aspects with customers
- Initiate and coordinate engineering activities related to the packages
- Contribute to the development of the engineering systems
- Pursue value engineering and cost reduction opportunities
- Assist Sales on technical matters
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical engineering discipline or other technical field
. Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a piping design engineer or designing piping systems in the oil and gas industries
- Exposure and experience of mechanical standards (API, ASME…)
- Quality focused and self-motivated for on job learning
- Ensure peer reviews and ability to learn from the feedbacks
- Team player – willing to learn and share the knowledge with all the colleagues
- Follow company guidelines and ensure compliance requirements
- Should have a valid passport and willing to travel within India or overseas during any organizational requirement
What Will Put You Ahead?
· International experience with multinational Customers and Vendors
- Working experience with various Engineering Consultants, OEMs
- Exposure and experience of European Norms (PED, ATEX…)
- Experience working with AFT Software or equivalent
- Knowledge of 3D Inventor, Advance Steel, Plant 3D
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”