Position – Drafter II
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Read and interpret construction documents including drawings, specifications, and contracts.
- Design and layout fire protection system in accordance with NFPA 13, 14, 20, and 24 requirements and code analyses.
- Design and layout gas suppression system in accordance with NFPA 2001 requirements and code analyses.
- Coordinate fire protection and suppression systems with structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical building components and/or systems.
- Performing hydraulic / flow calculation and reviews.
- Performing seismic bracing calculation and reviews.
- Hands-on experience material list (Bill of Material) preparation and fabrication report/drawings.
- Attending meetings, compiling report data, and supporting presentations to team & managers.
How you will do it:
- Perform standard fire protection design tasks such as sprinkler design, preliminary hydraulic calculations, fire pump selection, and fire suppression system layout.
- Hands-on experience in pre-sales and post-sales design engineering of Fire protection & Suppression system.
- Perform the Bill of Materials & Product technical datasheet.
What we look for:
- Team player
- Good Communication skills
- Quick learner and decision-maker
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both Internal & External Customers.
- Expertise in codes and standards such as NFPA / BS 5839/EN/ FM / NBC etc.,
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 6 to 8 years of Experience in Fire protection design
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) & Hydraulic Calculations.
- Hands-on experience of fire protection and suppression system in accordance with codes and standards.
- In-depth knowledge on Design of Water-based systems like Sprinkler, Deluge systems, FOAM system (High, medium and low expansion Foams), Preaction systems, and WLD systems as per NFPA standards/country norms