Position – Associate Designer
Company – Johnson Controls
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The CAD Engineer will be responsible to prepares complex technical drawings and plans to show detail and method of assembly. Estimates the material required based on the drawings. Indicates dimensions and fastening requirements. Candidate should have excellent hands on Creo Parametric knowledge along with AutoCAD and Solidworks on need basis.
- Interfaces with engineering project teams to coordinate design development, from concept design support to final design.
- Working on surface modeling using advance surfacing tools in Creo Parametric.
- Working on large assemblies and managing multi-level BOMs in the assembly drawings.
- Working with other CAD staff ensuring efficient and accurate drafting with adherence to Modeling and Drafting standards.
- Interact with global teams on assigned tasks.
- QA/QC of CAD work performed by CAD staff.
- Engineering data management in PDM environment.
Qualification & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience in Engineering Design.
- Experience in Windchill data management is required.
- Expertise in CAD Tools like Creo Parametric is must along with Experience in complex parts/geometry modeling using advance surfacing tools in Creo Parametric.
- Expertise in Creo Sheet Metal, Advance Modeling and Assembly
- Expertise in Plastic, Sheet Metal and Casting component design and manufacturing process.
- Strong fundamentals in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Knowledge on fire safety products is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of CAD tools such as AutoCAD is added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional matrixed organization.
- Knowledge of GD&T and ASME Y14.5 drawing standards is must.
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to work in a global virtual environment.