John Deere is hiring | Maintenance Engineer |
Position – Facilities/Maintenance Engineer I (49200321)
Company – John Deere
Location – Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, IN
Performs basic professional facilities and maintenance engineering (e.g., Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC), structural, plant, office layout, electrical & mechanical) assignments of specific engineering tasks that are limited in scope, depth and degree of skill required. Work plans and decisions are reviewed by supervisors.
- Provides engineering design for the infrastructure for the facility, grounds and production equipment and processes through both internal and external resources. Projects are of limited scope and complexity.
- Provides project management of projects limited in scope and complexity related to the facility infrastructure, production machines, equipment, and processes that support the manufacturing, maintenance, and/or distribution operation.
- Provides troubleshooting of the facility infrastructure and production equipment to support production, manufacturing, distribution, and maintenance operations.
- Responds to critical production-down situations affecting manufacturing and/or distribution operations.
- Maintains project budget cost control on projects assigned through a project cost control system for the unit..
- Supports and implements programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses; and assists in the identification and resolution of potential safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
- Researches the market for qualified suppliers of materials and services. Seeks competitive and negotiated sources for materials, equipment, and services for maintenance and new construction projects assigned to an engineer. Prepares purchase orders for management approval.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and environmental laws, regulations, and goals.
- Knowledge of product, process, and facilities design.
- Background in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.).
- Skill in using computer-aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Knowledge of contract management and Indirect Materials & Systems (IM&S) Supply Management Strategies.