Position – Master Data Associate
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Master Data team plays a critical role in the operations and supply chain of John Crane. The responsibility of the team is to create material masters, BOMs and routes in SAP within the agreed SLA and also effectively manage and maintain the correctness and accuracy of data on SAP
Duties & Responsibilities
- Successful candidate will have technical background in engineering, good experience in handling SAP material Master and good understanding of the John Crane product range is also key. He/she will provide technical support to complete all outstanding master data requests and help the team in day to day activities. Successful candidate will also be a credible team player with the ability to learn quickly, possess a keen eye for detail, an analytical mind and excellent communication skills.
- To review allocated Part Number requests
- Download the drawings from Central drawing storage( PDMnet/Team center or any drawing repository)
- Search for the SAP Part Number(Global Part Number) based on the Legacy Part Code in SAP
- Determine and allocate correct configurations group and relevant MRP settings
- Co-ordinate with the buyers and supplying sister company for correct lead times
- Create / Extend Materials in the correct plant and in the sales orgs as applicable
- Create Assembly Bills of Material / Manufacturing BOM / Routing group assignment
- Run Data validation procedure, verify and correct the material master data as appropriate
- Run assembly BOM check procedure to ensure SAP BOM is in line with the drawing BOM
- Record error statistics and build experience database to aid team training and for reference purposes
- Develop corrective and preventive measures to avoid recurrence of errors
- Work along with the Sr. team members to review and update the recommended changes to the material master. To communicate effectively with the team on all aspects of job loading, completion etc
- Collectively work with the other team members to meet the objectives set for the team
- Be an effective team player at all times.
- Relational Database with SQL knowledge desirable but not mandatory
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Graduate/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / BE. Other Graduate with relevant experience can be considered
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in Manufacturing with one year on SAP or 2+ years of experience in SAP.
- Persons who have worked on Material Master/Bill of material will be preferred.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.