John Crane is Hiring | Engineer – Wet seal Systems |
Position – Engineer – Wet Seal Systems
Company – John Crane
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
This position will report to Team Leader /Sr. Engineer. The primary focus of this position is Engineering standardization, CAD automation, and Engineering tools. In addition to the standardization, resource sharing for Pre-Order and Post Order Engineering during peak load and customized engineering as and when required.
- Mechanical Seal Support Systems. – Pump Seals Systems for Oil & Gas, Gas Compression, Power Generation and other process industries application.
Duties & Responsibilities
Global Engineering Standardization:
- Standardization of GAD, P&ID, Symbols & Schematic as 2D CAD libraries for Mechanical Seal Support systems for Pumps and Compressors.
- Prepare standard Engineering tools, work instructions, process flow charts and project charters for process improvements.
- Assisting engineering design process from development of initial product concepts through detailed design, testing, BOM creation, production drawing/part number creation, implementation, and ongoing technical product support.
- Support the field organization in the development of training materials, technical papers, and other technical product support.
- Planning & coordination of all techno-commercial activities related to Seal Support Systems
- Analysis of customer/project specifications
- Selection of API Piping plans and related ancillaries
- Seal Support System Sizing for various mechanical seal applications
- Contacting Sub Vendors/COEs for Technical Clarifications and Best Cost
- Preparation of quotations and proposals for the products selected.
Post -Order Engineering
Responsible for the following Engineering preparation & deliverables:
- P&ID, GAD, and BOM
- Instrument Hookups
- Electrical Wiring Diagram
- Logic Diagram
- Cause & Effect
- Control Narratives
- System Instrumentation and Components Datasheets,
- Documentation Index for MDR/SDRL/VDRL.
- Quality Plan /ITP
- Installation, Operation & Maintenance Manual
- Detailed Engineering Calculations
- Participating & Managing Technical Review meeting with Customer/EPC /OEM.
- Reviewing Suppliers Quote and technical alignment
- Compile complete engineering documents and deliver to manufacturing plants.
- Upload Final documentation in Systems.
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation from a reputed university with 3 years of relevant Industrial experience.
- Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation) with 5 Years of relevant Industrial experience.
- Knowledge & Experience in detailed engineering of mechanical seal support systems (API –Piping Plans) or similar fluid control systems products is mandatory.
- Work experience in mechanical seal industries, EPC, and pump OEMS, will be added advantage for this position.
- Work experience in Pumps and Compressors skids engineering at OEM will be valued.
- Working knowledge with API 682, API 610, ASME / ANSI Piping, and pressure vessels standards are essential.
- Ability to review and interpret and comply of project specifications, project documentation and compliances from OEM, EPC, and End-user requirements will be added advantage.
- Hands-on experience using Solid Edge CAD software. Solid Edge-CAD package customization & library creation for 3D parts, sub-assemblies & main assemblies is essential.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.