Position – Engineer/Sr.Engineer-System Design (Pune/Bangalore)
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering designs and associated purchase specifications for wide range of Engineered-to-order Wet Seal Systems for Global Strategic Oil and Gas projects collaborating with stakeholders, that primarily include global Projects Applications & Sales support, Fluid Control Bidding, Fluid control COEs, Global Engineering, Global operations etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
Mechanical Seal Support Systems for Pump Seals Systems for Oil & Gas, Gas Compression, Power Generation, and other process industries application.
Engineer-System Design: Responsibilities and expectations include:
- To review, interpret, establish project requirements & its deliverables on order receipt for API 682 auxiliary sealant systems and its auxiliary units.
- To design and release large varieties of Engineered-to-Order wet seal system General Arrangement Drawings (GAs’) in line with project specifications using Solid Edge and other engineering management tool.
- Job scheduling and required resource planning within internal / external system engineering team(s)
- Attend kick-off meetings with Bidding, Contracts and Operation teams. Reviewing supplier quote and technical alignment
- Sizing and datasheet preparation of system components, auxiliary piping, valves, and instrumentation
- Detailed Engineering Calculations. Thermal, Mechanical and Pressure vessel design using tools / software
- Creating Bill of Material on SAP and managing drawings in Team Center
- Preparing instrument hook-up drawings, Instrument IO list, Utility list, datasheet per industry formats.
- To consistently meet on time engineering deliverables and maintain high standard of work output to the internal and external customers / associates.
- Must own compliance to department processes, procedures, and design standards
- Should actively contribute to and promote continuous improvement.
Additional responsibilities and expectations for Sr. Engineer :
- Checking, approving the customer deliverables, and guiding design engineers.
- Develop & Maintain highly motivated engineering team and mentor them on day-to-day engineering activities
- Co-ordination with John Crane manufacturing centres across the world to ensure the products are sourced and packaged in line with the overall project schedule
- Create/update training materials and knowledge bank
- Preparation of executive report to communicate team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and ensure agreed Corrective Actions are implemented consistently (8D / RCA / GCN process)
- To provide technical support during bidding phase when required
- Helping team Leader on team development activities and cover team leader in his absence
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Typically, an accredited BE in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Typically, 2 to 4 years of experience for Engineer / 6 to 10 years of experience for Sr, Engineer with relevant experience in various Process industries including Oil and Gas, Chemical, Petroleum, Petrochemical industries etc., or in industries supplying equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Seals or associated auxiliary equipment’s to such process industries
- Functional experience relevant knowledge in Design, Selection, sizing, engineered to order products such as Seal Support Systems, Lube oil systems or similar.
# Qualification and number of years of experience are flexible for those with very strong product knowledge.
- Strong hands-on skills with 3D Assembly / 3D Part modelling / 2D Draft environments, preferably in Solid edge
- Strong knowledge in P&ID and exposure to required ASTM/ASME codes
- Application knowledge with auxiliary piping systems like pump seal system or Lube oil Consoles or Oil Lubricating Systems or Pre-jacking systems, HP-LP systems, or Filtration units etc.
- Should be committed to very high levels of customer service and collaborate with various inter departments
- Should have good written and spoken skills in English and Dedicated team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience in selection and release of purchase specifications (Datasheets) of field measurement instruments like Pressure, Level & Temperature gauges, transmitter etc. is preferred
- Supervisory or Co-ordination experience with fabricators of Lube oil systems or Filtration or other similar low- and high-pressure Equipment would be an added advantage
- Knowledge about API 614 and API 610 will be an added advantage
- Experience in the above from Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, Chemical industries is preferred
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.