Position – Engineer-Programmer(Edgecam-Turning/Milling)
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The role will be responsible for CAD/CAM programming using edge cam, in order to improve the programming capability and to support the site using edge cam. The job involves interacting closely with various internal / intercompany stake holders and support manufacturing facility with online programming.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing CNC Programming for all the CNC Machines as per the Schedules on shift working basis (Mazatrol & Edgecam).
- Preparing stage drawings related to CNC Programming Knowledge about Edge Cam and ISO codes
- Interpretation of Component Drawings and GD&T Symbols
- Proving out the CNC Programs including Job setting in CNC Machines and capable of using the Measurement Instruments
- Co-ordination with CNC Operators regarding the Process establishing
- Maintaining the CNC Programs register with final proved out Programs
- Ensuring the Interface of CNC Machines through CAM software.
- Systematic Planning & optimum utilization of available resources to achieve desired level of production norms to meet target maintaining desired quality standards.
- CNC Programming Proving of parts on Machining & Turning Centre. Interacting with stakeholder for giving the better-quality product. Responsible for calculating the machine utilization & analyzing it.
- Maintaining Statistical process charts, In process Inspection Reports.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- BE/ DME with 03-05 years overall related experience and min 02-03 years in Edgecam programming for turning and milling
- Must have experience of working on SAP and MS-Office.
- Strong Techno-commercial experience is must.
- Must possess Excellent co-ordination, communication (English proficiency: Both verbal and written) and inter-personal Skills.
- Understand John Crane products, especially seals and high-performance couplings and other products too.
- Technical ability to understand design, drawings, and Manufacturing processes.
- Excellent in managing change requirements while order execution
- Contribute to safety measures and company policies
- Should be able to Plan and prioritize work
- Quick Learner with good analytical skills
- A thorough team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to use influencing and collaboration skills to Support team.
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.