Position – Design Engineer – Seal Support Systems (Pune)
Company – John Crane
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
This position will report to Team Leader/Sr.Engineer – Systems. The primary focus of this position is Engineering standardization, CAD automation and Engineering tools. In addition to the standardization, supporting Pre-Order and Post Order Engineering Drawings, Bill of Materials, Engineering calculations, manufacturing and procurement specifications and datasheets.
- Process Equipments – Oil & Gas Filters for Turbo Machineries in Gas Compression , Power Generation, Polymer, Mining, Water and General Industries filtration & separation equipment’s. Transfer and isolation valves.
- Assembly / Configuration by CAD – Automation using Solid Edge
Duties & Responsibilities
- General Arrangement of Process Equipments for customer, production and service teams
- Detailed component drawings, piping isometric drawings, structural drawings using Solidedge 3D model.
- Material take-off and consolidation of raw materials.
- Detailed BOM including piping and structural.
- Instrumentation and Components Datasheets Preparation,
- Issue complete manufacturing drawing package for manufacturing plant.
- Calculation of all process equipments according to the specified specifications.
- Design according to various international standards for pressure vessels
- 3D- modeling in Solid Edge and building 3D library in Team center.
- Creation of Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Creation of all necessary tool drawings for manufacturing.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering with 3 to 5 years relevant Industrial experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 6 years relevant industrial experience
Professional and specialist skills
- Good analytical skills and technical background
- Capable of defining and meeting realistic timelines
- Self Motivated and quick learner
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Customer service and business oriented. Target and results driven
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in detailed design & drafting in Pressure Vessels / Filters/ Piping / Seal support systems or similar fluid control systems products or Complex Machineries or process equipments.
- Hands on experience of using Solid Edge CAD software. Solid Edge-CAD package customization & library creation for 3D part, sub-assemblies & main assemblies.
- Strong hands on skills in Solid Edge 3D/2D. Experience with CAD Automation programming. Solid Edge and Rule stream experience is mandatory.
- Work experience in Solid Edge 3D CAD automation project in Engineering service companies and sound CAD programming skills will be added advantage.
- Passion for creative design, aesthetic engineering and ability to generate complex 3D CAD models and CAD customization skills will be given preferences.
- Should have very good application knowledge of Fits and Tolerances and GD&T in Design of precision assemblies
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.