Position – Facilities Mechanical Engineer
Company Name – Intel Corporation
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services CS provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
- The South Asia Facilities Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing Facilities Mechanical engineering support to the site.
- The position presents an opportunity to play a central role in maintaining our state-of-the-art environmental controls, including oil-free air systems, Heating, Ventilating, Air conditioning (HVAC) systems, chilled water plant, boilers and environmental compliance exhaust systems. Our Mechanical Engineers make a big impact by supporting our facilities operate in safe, reliable and in compliance with environmental objectives.
- As the Facilities Mechanical Engineer, this position will be responsible for the Operations and Maintenance of facilities Mechanical systems in India. This will be accomplished through working with the Site Facility Management service provider (IFM vendor), vendors and Stakeholders.
- Ensure mechanical facilities uptime and reliable operations supporting critical functional areas of business such as Data centers, research and development labs by applying standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate current systems, determine compliance to standards and processes, providing technical direction and/or support in ensuring uptime, operational efficiency, maintenance, system modeling and change control with respect to facilities mechanical systems
- Develop business continuity plans for all mechanical systems downtime and response.
- Develop System reliability improvement activities of all facility mechanical systems such as HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition), Oil Free Air Compressor, Vacuum Systems, Fire hydrant systems, Rotary machines, Heat Exchangers, Diesel Engines, water and Sewage treatment plants.
- Contribute and meet energy conservation targets of the organization by ensuring efficient operations of mechanical systems.
- Support in commissioning and takeover of new facility with respect to mechanical systems.
- Ensure adherence to autonomous maintenance and preventive maintenance plans of all mechanical systems.
- Ensure all mechanical system operate in compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements (ex: state pollution control board, inspector of factories and boilers, PESO etc.,)
- Participate and implement statutory inspections and audit findings.
- Ensuring Facility mechanical systems drawings are kept updated all times
- Ensuring facility mechanical systems are operated as per design intent, identify deviations and implement corrective and preventive actions in consultation with management and external consultants.
- Monitor and Operate Building management system and ensure operational parameter are as per control limits designed.
- Ensure sustainability, SMART building, Energy Efficiency, LEED Certification and other enabling capabilities are adopted to deliver innovative breakthroughs.
- Engage in the transformation of Intel culture and set the pace relative to the best in the world for safety, operational excellence, innovation, partnership, customer service and making CS the best place to work in Intel.
- Required to work closely with groups of Stakeholders/Customers Finance, Procurement to ensure successfully delivery of solutions.
- M Tech / Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical/Industrial/Production or other equivalent Engineering Diploma/ degree from an accredited university.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding in fluid and thermodynamics, HVAC, exhaust/pumps/piping/valves, chillers, boilers and compressor systems, Chilled/Process cooling water plant, chemical engineering principles, pumps, valves, flow calculations, and chemical analytical testing.