Position – Mechanical Engineer Hydrogen
Company – Ingersoll Rand
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Job & Division Summary:
Our Mechanical Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer is a critical position within the Gas Handling Business unit where we design, engineer, and manufacture fluid and gas handling equipment designed to generate, store, and control high-pressure gases and liquids for a wide range of applications.
As Gas Handling Business unit continues to grow, we are looking for a dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer to support the engineering team to develop, value engineering and standardize our hydrogen refueling systems.
The Mechanical Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for designing gas, hydraulic and process systems. You will be expected to produce instrumentation pipe-work schematics, fabrication drawings, system designs and GA drawings in both 2D and 3D CAD packages.
Vital to this role will be your ability to work well across different departments and support the business with technical interfaces on live projects and key strategic development priorities.
- Responsible for new product designs, 3d models, and calculations
- Production of P&ID and schematic architectural drawings
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Proficient in working in an ERP system to assist UK engineers in BOM upload/modifications
- Prepare documentation in support of design activities in line with customer requirements
- Organize and maintain project schedules, issuing a periodic report to keep superiors informed as to workload status
- Must have an appropriate engineering-related degree
- Min. 3 years experience in mechanical design engineering
- Be proficient in the use of Autodesk Inventor
- Experience in the execution of detailed DFMEA and the use of problem-solving tolls (5 why, fish bone, 8D, etc.)
- Project management awareness
- Available to travel to the UK for a duration between 1 & 6 months for training if so requested