Position – Mechanical Engineer Hydrogen
Company – Ingersoll Rand
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Job & Division Summary:
Our Mechanical Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer is a critical position within the Gas Handling Business unit where we design, engineer, and manufacture fluid and gas handling equipment designed to generate, store, and control high-pressure gases and liquids for a wide range of applications.
As the Gas Handling Business unit continues to grow, we are looking for a dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer to support the engineering team to develop, value engineering, and standardizing our hydrogen refueling systems.
The Mechanical Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for designing gas, hydraulic, and process systems. You will be expected to produce instrumentation pipe-work schematics, fabrication drawings, system designs, and GA drawings in both 2D and 3D CAD packages.
Vital to this role will be your ability to work well across different departments and support the business with technical interfaces on live projects and key strategic development priorities.
- Responsible for new product designs, 3d models, and calculations
- Production of P&ID and schematic architectural drawings
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Proficient in working in an ERP system to assist UK engineers in BOM upload/modifications
- Prepare documentation in support of design activities in line with customer requirements
- Organise and maintain project schedules, issuing a periodic report to keep superiors informed as to workload status
- Must have an appropriate engineering-related degree
- Min. 3 years experience in mechanical design engineering
- Be proficient in the use of Autodesk Inventor
- Experience in the execution of detailed DFMEA and the use of problem-solving tolls (5 why, fish bone, 8D, etc.)
- Project management awareness
- Available to travel to the UK for a duration between 1 & 6 months for training if so requested
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE: IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers, and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity, and efficiency.