Position – Engineer – FEA
Company – Ingersoll Rand
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Job & Division Summary:
As an integral part of the NTI/Sub-system team at Ingersoll Rand, FEA Engineer will be responsible for conducting finite element analysis and simulations to analyze, optimize, and validate complex structures and mechanical systems. Your expertise in solid mechanics will be instrumental in ensuring accurate and reliable results. Additionally, your familiarity with Python or MATLAB programming will provide a valuable advantage in developing automated analysis tools and enhancing our simulation capabilities. Simulation tools may consist of finite element analysis (FEA), multi-body dynamics (MBD), one-dimensional analysis (1D) or other methods.
- Perform FEA on various mechanical components and systems to evaluate structural integrity, stress distribution, deformation, and failure modes.
- Utilize your strong knowledge of solid mechanics principles to accurately model and simulate real-world engineering problems.
- Improve the mechanical calculation discipline and enhance existing practices.
- Validate FEA results through comparisons with experimental data, analytical solutions, and established standards, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the simulations.
- Carry out hand calculations and build 1-D tools, which will improve productivity.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with cross-functional teams, management, and external vendors
Mandatory/ Essential Skills
- Experience in running linear, non-linear static, and dynamic Finite Element Analysis using Ansys Workbench or Other FEA software tools.
- Rigorous knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Strength of Materials with a demonstrated ability to carry out hand calculations and building analytical tools.
- Have a good working knowledge of vibration analysis.
- Comfortable in using Ansys Space Claim for pre-processing.
- Experience in carrying out Multi-Body Dynamics in MSC ADAMS
- Knowledge of Python or MATLAB programming will be an added advantage.
- Preferred experience in analyzing and designing air compressor components.
- Knowledge of parameter identification techniques in optiSLang.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Aerospace Engineering required, Master’s Degree in Machine Design preferred
- 1-3 years of experience running linear, non-linear static, optimization, and dynamic Finite Element Analysis Using Ansys Workbench.
What do we offer?
- 5-day working week
- Equity Grant to New Hires
- Leave Encashment
- Many More Benefits…
We encourage you to stay connected with our company’s future job opportunities. Please visit our career section to explore more IR open roles at Ingersoll Rand Careers (irco.com)
Contact for Queries
- Karthic Chandran( Talent Acquisition Specialist) [email protected]
Zepheny Ferrow(Talent Acquisition Manager-MEIA) [email protected]
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE: IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers, and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity, and efficiency.