Position – Design Engineer
Company – Ingersoll Rand
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Title: Design Engineer – Air Treatment Solutions
Responsible for Customer order Execution /sustain engineering / CAD modeling / technical Documentation and calculations related to highly customized and high-quality products spread across industrial and heavy engineering sectors. Provide engineering support for internal and external needs. Apply product knowledge to develop innovative solutions and coordinate with CAD and Technology teams viz. for drawing completion, BOM and design validation.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Design Engineering support to Dehydration/ Dryer products.
- Setup a skid design based on the customer specifications and the IR standards.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment. Knowledge of assembly practices such as welding, product & electrical assembly is required.
- Responsible to execute Engineering Change Request / Notice (ECR/ECN) initiated by Design centers.
- Create 3D models and Drawings using Autodesk Inventor/AutoCAD, Bill of Materials in SAP, and other engineering documents.
- Responsible for producing and editing P&ID’s of skid packages.
- Familiarity with sheet metal design, piping systems, and drafting standards.
- Provide technical support for performance optimization/ design enhancement for existing Products.
- Work closely with global teams and communicate project requirements/updates through virtual meetings and mail.
- Work independently with global engineering team & providing updates on regular basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret detailed technical specifications for industrial equipment’s.
- Experience in design/development of Dehydration systems/ Dryers/Skid packages.
- Experience with NPD / VAVE of industrial equipment preferred.
- Strong CAD (Part modelling, Drafting and Assembly) skills. Autodesk Inventor must.
- In-depth working experience in ERP systems to create Bill of Materials. SAP exposure a Plus.
- Exposure to CAD data handling on Vault PDM system.
- Familiar with applicable International standards, systems codes like ASME, ANSI, DIN, ASTM, API etc.
- Good Knowledge of drafting practices & tolerances as per ASME Y14.5.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Basic CE/ATEX/ROHS and NCR resolution knowledge is added advantage.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Team player & good communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Full-time B.E Mechanical Engineering in regular course from recognized institute and university.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in CAD design with Industrial products.
- Communication skills should be good. Language fluency (Read & Write) in English is a must.
What do we offer?
- 5-day working week
- Equity Grant to New Hires
- Leave Encashment
- Many More Benefits…
We encourage you to stay connected with our company’s future job opportunities. Please visit our career section to explore more IR open roles at Ingersoll Rand Careers (irco.com)
Contact for Queries
- Karthic Chandran( Talent Acquisition Specialist) [email protected]
- Zepheny Ferrow(Talent Acquisition Manager-MEIA) [email protected]
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency.