Position – Applications Designer for PET Team – Husky (Chennai, India)
Company – Husky Injection Molding
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Husky Injection Molding Systems, our success is based on your success. Our ability to keep our customers in the lead is based on building the strongest team possible.
Husky has a strong foundation built on innovation, close customer relationships and a unique culture and values. We are dedicated to offering our customers the highest quality products and services and are looking for people with the inspiration and talent to develop with us as we pursue our ambitious growth strategy. We are a leader in developing state-of-the-art technology and it is this technology base that uniquely positions us to serve customers who seek differentiation through solutions that provide speed, flexibility and maximum productivity. This capability is at the core of our mission and competitive strategy.
Husky offers a wealth of opportunity for personal growth and development. Most importantly, Husky offers an opportunity to work with – and be challenged by – a team of great people. Our success is possible because of the creativity, intelligence and passion of our people around the world and their desire to lead change. At the same time, we are not afraid to expect a lot and strive for leadership in all of our key markets. We are a company taking on new challenges and for the right people this means exceptional career development opportunities, the chance to be part of a team that is the best in the world at what we do and the experience that comes from working in an environment that demands constant transformation and innovation.
Husky is an exciting company with tremendous potential. We have a great team and great expectations. If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, support mutual respect, care about environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you to join the Husky team!
Application Designer is the bridge between Sales Support, Global PET Production Engineering and Product Development. Application designer will develop the optimal solution for a given customer requirement considering that design guidelines are respected, or infringements integrated into the risk management program.
Application Designer plays the key role in the technical review of a project at the inquiry stage. Application designer’s involvement starts from designing the plastic preform and could expand to technical assessment of the application ranging from performance to mechanical feasibility.
- Designing plastic preform and threads using CAD automation tools ensuring design adheres to customer requirements.
- Identifying risks when preform design deviates from standard design guidelines.
- Committing on application performance and quality.
- Preparing mitigation plans to ensure performance and quality commitments are achieved.
- Working closely with sales, production/development engineering, manufacturing and test room to ensure current product offering meets customer requirements.
- Leading/taking part in projects involving creation of automated tools/guidelines to improve lead time.
- Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Unigraphics CAD software and ability to work with complexed models using sketches and expressions
- Spoken/written proficiency in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Programming knowledge on MS Excel is an asset.
- 2 years’ experience in plastics industry.
- Disciplined and professional behavior as autonomous working is expected.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates active project management.
Husky Injection Molding Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and respect, value and welcome diversity in our workplace. Husky also values being a great place to work and strives to maintain a safe workplace. Accordingly, Husky conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory completion of background checks. No agency or telephone inquiries please.