Hubbell Incorporated is hiring | Associate Engineer |
Position – Associate Engineer I
Company – Hubbell Incorporated
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
Unit No.4 B, 1st Floor, Zenith (Phase 3)
International Tech Park ,CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai ,Tamil Nadu -600113
We are looking for a highly energetic, result-driven, self-motivated, and proactive individual with sound knowledge of Mechanical Design and development. We are looking for a candidate who is having good knowledge in Solidworks & Inventor software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Need to create Drawings based on ASME Y14.5M – 2009 standards.
- Design the product as per UL, IEEE and NEMA standards.
- Need to understand top-down approach principles. Create parts & assembly using skeleton model.
- Good Team player – Develop good interaction with team lead and team members.
- Interact with Customers to understand the requirements.
- Legacy drawing conversion from 2D to 3D Models, Engineering change order (ECO).
- Should act as technical interface to customers and is responsible to ensure that projects are executed within agreed schedule
- Need to work in Design Database for creating design orders.
- Maintain high quality standards & deliver projects on time.
- Create new concept designs.
- Need to work in shifts.
Skills and Experience
- BE Mechanical Engineering with Min. 2 to 3 years in Product Design & Development – Mandatory
- Desirable skills: Experience in the manufacturing industry is added advantage.
- Solidworks Certification will be an added advantage
- Hands-on experience in the field of Mechanical CAD & ECO Processes.
- Knowledge in Bushings & Transformers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering