Position – Associate Engineer I
Company – Hubbell Incorporated
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business unitsPosting Address
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
Unit No.4 B, 1st Floor, Zenith (Phase 3)
International Tech Park ,CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai ,Tamil Nadu -600113Position Overview
We are looking for a candidate who is result driven, self-motivated, an innovative designer with sound knowledge in creating 3d model and assembly in Autodesk Inventor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Drawings based on ASME Y14.5M – 1994 standards and complete the projects on time
- Create new concept designs
- Provide Cost reduction proposals
- Quality Checking
- Interact with Customers to understand the requirements.
- Interface with vendors and quality to assure capabilities and or compliance in meeting product and timing objectives
- Update applicable reports in timely manner
- Good Team player – Develop good interaction with Team lead and team members
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 -4 yrs. in Product Design & Development
- Knowledge in plastic designs, 3D printing & prototype development
- Should have working knowledge in Autodesk inventor & Solid works.
- i-logic, form, template creation in Inventor, Auto CAD, Mold flow simulation
- GD&T & Tolerance stack up study
- Knowledge in materials (Ferrous, Nonferrous & Plastics)
- Manufacturing feasibility study
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
- Knowledge on Sheet metal manufacturing & Machining process
- Good communication skills, Mathematical Skills, Reasoning ability.
Education – Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering