Howden is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – 3D
Company – Howden
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The Big Picture
Howden are a global engineering business that focus on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experience in doing so.
Your primary role will be to listen to the internal and external customers’ needs and deliver optimum drawings and documents on-time to complete the overall project on time. You will also be leading continuous improvement assignments for achieving a lean engineering cycle.
What Needs To Be Done?
- Prepare 3D GA & Mfg drawings and technical documents by matching the fan selection, defined scope of supply, cost estimated and as per customer’s specifications (needs) on time.
- Create 3D drawings to draw out manufacturing drawings including bill of materials.
- Prepare specifications of bought out items.
- Support manufacturing team to troubleshoot non-conformities, in the eventuality of such occurrences
- Active participation in continuous improvement and new product development
What Do You Need To Bring?
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 3D drafting skills in Autocad, Autodesk Inventor & Ansys.
- Experience in rotating equipment selections and techno-commercial discussions
- Familiarity with processes & practices in steel, cement, power.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, direct and control at an operational level
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent team player
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
What Will You Get in Return?
You will have the opportunity to work for a global engineering organization in a challenging and dynamic role with great development opportunities. We offer a competitive salary along with a great benefits package.
The advantages of working at Howden:
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities– 6000 employees and world-leading engineers, who create cutting-edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organisation are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.