Position – Sr Manufacturing Engineer
Company – Honeywell
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Should Costing & Competitive Benchmarking – Senior Engineer-Mechanical will
- Perform Product cost reduction in a target-oriented manner through should cost & cost analytics.
- Involve in Product strategy (Design & Cost) for NPI and existing HON products through competitive benchmarking, technology landscaping & Should cost with a focus on Mechanical parts/assemblies.
- Involve in should costing and cost engineering discipline and work with cross-functional teams. This position leads the deployment of the Should costing, Value engineering, Value analysis and Cost Engineering processes, tools and training using Standard Honeywell best practices
- Responsible for should costing and Design to Cost analysis for New Product Introduction (NPI) and Legacy Honeywell products.
- Need to be part of the cost negotiation process and has to influence cost reduction and cost avoidance.
- Has to be involved in Cost reduction product throughout the life cycle of the product.
- Recommend improvements to cost competitiveness,
- Optimize processes and identify cost opportunities,
- Prepare input for cost plan projections,
- Consult with and advise product development engineers on economic alternatives for their design and suggest trade-offs.
- BE/Btech/ME/Mtech – Mechanical Engineering
- 10 to 14 Years of professional experience dealing with mechanical and/or electromechanical products.
- Should have executed multiple NPI and/or cost out (VALVE) programs with close interaction with manufacturing/ Suppliers/ Sales/ Service / Customers.
- >2 years of core experience in product costing (mechanical) using modern tools (like aPriori, DFMA) and with the use of Global economics data. Exposure to electronic products is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good Manufacturing background(Injection molding/Plastics/Casting/Forging/Stamping/Machining).
- Good Automotive industry background
- Have a good understanding of Global Economics Data
- Has good Sourcing experience, Techno commercial, Global business understanding.
- Previous part manufacturing and assembly experience is highly desired.
- Proficient with either Pro Engineer software or at least CAD software
- Fluent in Microsoft office suite
- Ability to identify and deploy process improvements
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively
- Communicate project status and program needs across different levels of the organization and different operating environments
- In-depth understanding of the manufacturing process of mechanical. electrical and electronics parts
- Hands-on with cost estimation/reduction techniques (DFA, DFM), tools (aPriori, DFMA…etc) & processes for mechanical, electrical and electronic parts/assemblies. Ability to analyze various cost scenarios.
- Tool design and industry backgrounds like NTTF, CIPET, GTTC, and shop floor experience.
- The cost estimates will be used to drive strategic decisions related to
- Product pricing,
- Financial plan input,
- Sourcing decisions, and Negotiations with suppliers.
- JOB ID: HRD108659
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India