Position – Mech Design Engineer I
Company – Honeywell
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Hardware Engineer for Global Engineering Services will be responsible for providing engineering support on Mechanical products aftermarket business across HON R&O sites.
The role requires good technical understanding of aircraft and mechanical parts & sub-systems, along with their repair test equipment/ benches.
The technical role will require functional coordination with different stakeholders across R&O sites and Engineering teams to ensure the execution of Mechanical R&O Value Engineering projects, New Repair Capability Enhancement projects and/or Test Equipment Obsolescence / Automation projects while maintaining cost and schedule targets.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Experience in Aero Engines and other LRU’s repair development
- Develop different repair and restoration techniques for metal/non-metal components
- Identify and use emerging technologies for developing repair solutions
- Develop repair substantiation, update/ review repair procedures
- Develop fixtures and jigs for repairs with optimal BOM
- Develop test equipment and drawings
- Back of the envelop design calculations for loads, stresses etc
- Develop load cases for FEA simulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engg
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Expert in reading drawings, good GD&T knowledge
- Exposure to static stress analysis, stress and strain fatigue life computations and vibration analysis
- Exposure to Team Center, Pro-E, NX, Ansys software
- Expert at reading & inferring Mechanical Drawings/ Manuals
- Ability to perform technical investigations and problem-solving skills for mechanicals parts / components failures
- Knowledge of Manufacturing/ Repair processes like metal spray, machining, welding, electroplating, surface protection, composites, epoxy, wear resistance coating etc
- Familiarity with DO160, MIL-HBk-810G
- JOB ID: req293258
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster.
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here. No other requests will be acknowledged.