Hitachi Energy is Hiring | Transport Engineer |
Position – Transport Engineer
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The main role of the transport & heavy lift engineer is to support the HE TTL team and their global factories (LBUs) in all aspects of transport engineering for project cargo movements. The key activity is the review of all technical documents and information related to heavy lift and out-of-gauge equipment transportation as well as designs of the lashing and securing points on the equipment. This involves method statements, drawings, support technical documents, and securing photos/ reports. The transport engineer is to check if transport solutions provided by third parties or HE TTL vendors can be conducted in a safe and efficient manner and is to liaise with LBU representatives accordingly.
- Review, evaluate, and comment on all transport engineering-related technical documentation, risk assessments, and other information for designated projects.
- Analyze and recommend more efficient technical transport solutions for project executions such as road bypasses or alternatives.
- Execute route surveys and attend loading/unloading operations when required.
- Liaise with insurers’ representatives and nominated third parties on the aforementioned documentation
- Adequate use of supporting software to facilitate the above
- Electronic archiving of documents and files is as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions
- Support LBU managers in risk assessments and risk reviews
- Maintain positive relationships with the appropriate counterpart(s) of clients and third parties
- Ensure adherence to corporate compliance requirements
- Ensure adherence to corporate quality, health & safety, and environmental requirements, thereby minimizing incidents and accidents
- Provide updates to superiors for project status reports
- Attend internal meetings as well as meetings with insurers, and vendors according to their business requirements
- Conduct training for TSPs and LBUs.
- Has a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the field of heavy lift transportation and international project freight forwarding.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or transport engineering
- Is proficient in the use of embedded software such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and AutoCAD.
- Has the ability to work as part of a highly-focused team.
- Is structured and organized under pressure
- Good attention to detail.
- Has good command of written and spoken English
- Additional languages (Arabic / Spanish / German / Russian / Chinese) are advantageous
- Is an analytical thinker, has a can-do approach and is driven toward optimization
- Has the ability to identify potential problems before they arise.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition toward a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and an unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 40,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com