Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – Traction Transformers
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Savli, Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Staff with the Global Design Team:
You will be part of a Global Engineering team and your task is to contribute to the global design work with a positive team atmosphere and networking.
Roles and Responsibility
- The successful candidate will be part of an International Design and Engineering Team specialized in Traction Transformer design for different applications.
- Responsible for mechanical development of Traction Transformer’s order and tender designs in compliance with the Market and Sales Strategy to meet the market needs.
- Coordinating his design activities within a worldwide factories network.
- Influence specification at the tender and pre-tender stage, through conceptual discussions.
- Participation in internal design concept reviews: Carry out general and detailed design studies, and hand over technical documentation meeting the requested quality level (specifications, drawings…) within a defined timeline.
- Lead the technical communications/discussions/decisions with the customers covering the whole business chain of value where technical skills are keys (Tendering, Sales, Project execution, After Sales, Services…)
- Support the local & global organization on S&M, SCM, quality activities, cost savings.
Qualification, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-7 years experience working in Mechanical design for Transformers / heavy engineering industry/pump/bearing/gear manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design, 3D Modeling, and PTC application preferred (Creo & PDMLink)
- Experiences in technical project management and in FMEA are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and associated tools.
- Fluent in English Language both spoken and written is a must.
- Strong team working abilities with a worldwide multicultural technical team.
- Organized and thorough.
- A team player, open-minded, team-oriented, and autonomous.
- Additional language knowledge is considered an advantage.
- Quick learner with the ability to master new areas.
- Curiosity in different scientific areas like hydraulic, thermal, and mechanical.