Position – Mechanical Design Engineer – HVDC Valve
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Full Job Description
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Creating mechanical design of semiconductor-based solutions for AC and DC used in our HVDC transmissions.
- As part of your daily tasks, you will work with technically challenging products which span over several technological areas – for example heat transfer, electrical insulation, strength of materials and manufacturing technologies.
- You will be responsible for specifying testing’s and ensuring execution is according to current standards and customer specifications.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 4-8 Years of experience within Mechanical design.
- Electro-Mechanical design experience from electric power industry or design of high voltage products is valuable.
- Strong proficiency in 3D-CAD modeling is a must, ideally in NX environment. It is preferable if you have good knowledge in Team Center and SAP as well.
- Preferably understanding applications of electrical power equipment in HV/EHV system.
- Knowledge on mechanical standards is preferable.
- We also expect that you have strong self-learning skills and strong collaborative capabilities and able to work in international team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill, fluent English.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Publication date – 2022-06-05
Reference Number – IN53268102_E1
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Job type – Full-Time
Type of role – Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
Contract – Regular/Permanent