Position – Associate Project Engineer – Electromechanical Design – HVDC
Company – HITACHI ENERGY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As a Associate Project Engineer, you will be part of Operation Center, India (INOPC-PG), Chennai, INOPC Chennai is a global value chain, where key business activities, resources and expertise are shared across geographic boundaries in order to optimize value for Hitachi Energy customers across markets. It provides high quality engineering and commissioning support to Business Units and Centre of Excellence across the Hitachi Energy world. This is an important step from Hitachi Energy’s Global Footprint strategy. PG Operation Centre Services are System design, Primary side design, Secondary side design, Sourcing, Installation and commissioning of HVDC substations.
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all four business units in the Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Demonstrate knowledge in advanced high-end CAD/CAM/CAE software(s) to ensure CAD activities are delivered on time and meet quality standards.
- Good knowledge of the design principles, guidelines, and applicable standards used within the Electromechanical design of HVDC Substations, and HV / UHV AC Substations.
- Evaluates, select and apply standard techniques and procedures to
- perform Substation Layout Design, Civil Inputs to the civil designer, Installation drawings, and detail design of connectors, insulators, etc.
- Provides technical support for FAT, installation, and commissioning activities for the HVDC projects under execution.
- Assists in preparing proposals/presentations of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables and is responsible for obtaining customer approvals for the designs and drawings prepared.
- As a part of the job, shall effectively interact with customers on technical issues, contractors, and other staff to achieve his/her scope of deliveries on time, within budget and meet the highest quality standards.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks. Exposure to Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) system with NX and Experience in HVDC projects will have added benefits.
- BE/ B.Tech (Electrical or Mechanical) with 2 to 4 years of exp / Diploma (Electrical or Mechanical) with 3 -6 years of experience.
- Should have knowledge of design principles, guidelines, and applicable standards used within the Electromechanical design of HVDC Substations, and HV / UHV AC Substations.
- Must have knowledge in 3D Modeling Software tools Unigraphics NX/TC Tool.