Position – Sales Support Engineer (High Voltage)
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200-kilovolt (kV). We help to enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate innovations in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. You will support the Sales organization and customers throughout the proposal process by preparing technical descriptions of the applied products and technology, determining costs, preparing final documentation, and serving as a key technical resource in the assigned area.
- Sales Support – Supporting the local Sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost effective solutions and in the preparation of demanding offers. Providing technical support during the technical meeting, product presentations and negotiations and offers product/ solution/service related training.
- Offer preparation – Preparing/supporting preparation of technical/commercial offers based on customer specification requirements, Local Business Unit/feeder factory indications and Sales organization directives. Participating in the kick off meeting organized by the project team.
- Cost definition -Defining cost for the proposed solution and communicates to sales organization.
- Risk review – Providing information to the risk review process in accordance with Hitachi ABB policy and sometimes participates in the risk review assessment.
- Competitive analysis – Analyzing customer needs and competitor offers through general market information and information provided by the Sales organization.
- Lost proposals – Performing lost proposal analysis, identifies potential cause, and recommending future actions in cooperation with Sales/Local Business Unit to obtain better future results.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor of engineering degree in Electrical OR Mechanical.
- Around 4 to 7 yrs of experience in handling sales support or marketing or sales operations in High Voltage, Power system, Transformers industry.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”