Position – Associate Project Engineer – HVDC Plant Mechanical Design (Unigraphics)
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Demonstrate knowledge in advanced high-end CAD/CAM/CAE software(s) to ensure CAD activities are delivered on time and meet quality standards.
- Evaluates selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to perform Substation Layout Design, Civil Inputs to the civil designer, Installation drawings, and Detail design of switchyard material like connectors, insulators, etc.
- Provides technical support for FAT, installation, and commissioning activities for the HVDC projects under execution (Greenfield as well as brownfield).
- Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables and responsible for obtaining customer approvals for the designs and drawings prepared.
- As a part of the job, shall effectively interact with customers on technical issues, contractors, and other staff to achieve his/her scope of deliveries on time, within budget, and meet the highest quality standards.
- Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5-7 Years of experience in 3D Modeling Software tools. The preferred tool is the Unigraphics NX/TC tool.
- Familiarity with the design principles, guidelines, and applicable standards used within the Electromechanical design of HVDC Substations, AC substation.
- Exposure to Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) system with NX and experience in HVDC project will have added benefit.