Position – Engineer – Design Engineer
Company – GKN Aerospace
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world”s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
- To support design and related activities within Engine Systems.
- We are looking for a motivated and self-driven Design engineer with relevant experience in the area of Design and Definition.
- Prepare Design data according to GKN Aerospace Sweden (GAS) standards, Operational Management System (OMS), and technical product requirements
- Create design package including interface documents, 3D models, product definition, requirement justification, which are compliant to all design requirements and objectives.
- Perform design validation through tolerance stack-up
- Understand changes from Change orders(CO) and perform changes on models, drawings, manuals, and other applicable design data
- Store, maintain and release appropriate project deliverables, documents, and reports in Teamcenter, SAP
- Support and participate in technical discussions, including creation and preparation of technical data and present solutions
- Support with the creation and delivery of training material and initiatives relevant to project
- Perform all activities at a level of minimal supervision and guide other engineers within the project as required.
- Identify improvements and create and/or check the work instructions, procedures, technical manuals, and guidelines.
- Must possess a level of technical expertise especially in the Aerospace industry and in the functional area the project/programme is responsible for Design, in order to successfully support the tasks in the workpackage of the programme.
- Must possess a high level of technical problem solving skills.
- Holds Bachelors / Masters in Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace Engineering.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience gained within an engineering discipline, ideally within an aerospace environment and in multi-disciplinary engineering project teams (Design, MRO, Manufacturing/ Industrialization).
- Hands-on experience in creating 3D models, 2D Definition in Siemens TeamCenter and NX
- Experience in creating 3D Models , 2D product drawings independently
- Experience in creating model and definition for Casted/Forged & Machined products
- Knowledge and Application of GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- Experience in stack-up analysis
- Knowledge and exposure to component change management processes
- Experience in Model Based Definition (MBD/ PMI) methods
- Ability to describe and present technical information to a wide audience at equivalent levels within the engineering business.
- Able to promote Lean Principles including leading Continuous Improvement ideas (“CI”)
- Demonstrates good mentoring & technical knowledge transfer as part of day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrates a commercial awareness to be able to analyse customer requirements.
- Awareness of other functions (Operations, Production, Supplier Management).
- Able to support budget compliance of the own activities.
- Worked in cross-cultural teams.
Be capable of:
- Contribute to teams through change activities, ensuring continuous two way communication.
- Focus on continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Commit to relationship building with customers and colleagues.
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Consistently demonstrate the following attributes and values:
- Recognise what people need from you and respond flexibly.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sensitivity.
- Builds confidence in others.
- Hunger for continuous learning, growth and curiosity.
- Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
- As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
- A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.