Position – Sr. Engineer – Measurement Point System
Company – General Motors
Location – Karnataka, IN
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Execute Measurement Point System Projects for GM across the Globe.
Generate optimized measurement points on various BIW parts in Unigraphics (NX) & delivering them to our Manufacturing sites.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn GM Global MPS Standards for Measurement point generation.
- Analyze the input required for a project
- Develop points for various BIW parts to support different measurement equipment’s as per standardized process using Tool Unigraphics & Team Center.
- Perform Quality check of completed files
- Complete required deliverables & ship to respective GM plant.
- Support the plant with the change management requests
- Flawless communication within team for project support & updates
- Generate Improvement ideas for supporting organization’s productivity
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from a reputed institute in Mechanical / Automobile / Production / Industrial Engineering
Experience: 2 – 3 Years
- Unigraphics (NX) & Teamcenter
- Automotive Body In White Structure and Build Process
- Basic Manufacturing Process and concepts
Skills & Ability:
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Learning Agility
- Problem Solving and Drive for Results
- Be a strong team player
- Customer Focus
- Safety Conscious
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Displays High Integrity and Honesty
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.