Position – Engineer – Measurement Point System (MPS)
Company – General Motors
Location – Bangalore Urban, Karnataka, IN
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Learn GM Global MPS Standards for Measurement point generation.
- Analyze the input required for a project
- Develop points for Match check, CMM, Vision, and FVML/DTS process as per standardized process using Tool Unigraphics & Team Center.
- Perform Quality check of completed files
- Complete required deliverables & ship to respective GM plant.
- Support the plant with the EWO change requests
- Flawless communication within the team for project support & updates
- Generate Improvement ideas for supporting the organization’s productivity
Additional Job Description
GM imparts training to the employee to improve upon the required skills that are needed to execute the specific job. The culture is that of learning, practicing, performing, and then excelling. A quick and agile learner is requisite for the job. The incumbent will learn all the job requirements, execute initially under guidance and supervision and later own projects and deliver value to the organization. A typical MPS Engineer works on multiple projects in a year that supports the launch of multiple car programs and adds to the top line of the organization.
- Basic Manufacturing Process and concept
- Unigraphics (NX) Modelling/Detailing, Teamcenter (preferable)
- Automotive Body In White Structure and Build Process
- Checking fixtures, Measuring gauges, CMM
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Learning Agility
- Problem Solving
Ability to :
- Quickly learn and adapt
- Build and Foster relationship
- Be a strong team player
- Customer Focus
- Safety Conscious
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Displays High Integrity and Honesty
Education Qualification :
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed institute in Mechanical/ Automobile/ Production/ Industrial Engineering.
- 0 to 3 years
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer, and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds, and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination and genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the essential responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities.