Position – Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist
Company – General Electric
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Job Description Summary
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for managing quality performance of assigned suppliers. Responsible for product / part qualifications. Tracks metrics & works on quality improvement plans addressing problem areas. Reviews & approves quality plans. Investigates quality escapes to provide root cause analysis & ensures effective corrective and preventive actions are taken.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage supplier qualifications to ensure that assigned suppliers are capable of producing material, and/or components that will consistently meet GE Engineering drawing and specification requirements.
- Own the product / manufacturing process qualifications at the assigned suppliers and ensure the satisfactory closures within the timelines needed by the business.
- New Supplier Evaluation / on boarding – Rigorously execute the supplier evaluation process, including quality & compliance audits / assessments to ensure that only appropriately qualified suppliers are taken through the process. Work with sourcing/commodity team to meet business objectives of new supplier addition.
- Conduct surveillance audits to assure that suppliers have effective process control, rigorous product acceptance standards, and robust quality systems
- Own SRG (Supplier Responsibility Guidelines) metrics for the assigned suppliers and conduct SRG audits per the region audit plan.
- Manage supplier non-conformance and Supplier Deviation Request (SDR) activities. Owner of process and 1st technical interface with supplier and engineering
- Perform robust Root Cause Analysis to solve quality issues and prevent reoccurrence
- Be the technical focal point in coordinating sourcing, Design Engineering & Materials Engineering functions while interfacing with suppliers.
- Drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures and specification requirements
- Work closely with commercial, engineering and manufacturing teams to eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components
- Provide Sourcing Quality input to Engineering during product design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical Degree) – in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering / Advanced Technical Degree.
- 0 – 1 Year industry experience in Quality / Manufacturing / Supplier Development functions having hands-on experience in the manufacturing process and complexities of commodities such as raw materials, castings, forgings and machining.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and a passion for quality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project Management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally at short notice. Travel > 50%
- Experience in Power Generation equipment manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrated proactive approach and issue ownership with process orientation.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Influencing Skills
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No