Position – Engineer/Lead Engineer – Mechanical Design
Company – General Electric
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
This opening is for a design role for the GE9X HPC module within the GE9X Engineering section at GE Aerospace Bangalore Engineering Center. Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. You will be required to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team including but not limited to Supply chain, Assembly, Systems, Programs, Manufacturing Programs, Quality, Repairs, PSE, Materials, and other functional teams to achieve the desired outcome for the module.
One of the 2 roles open will transition into the Production Technologies team as the production stability matures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of High-Pressure Compressor hardware for the GE9X program using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Lead technical projects with low to moderate complexity through collaboration
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- Use engineering judgment and contributes toward methodology improvements
- Uses engineering judgment and has the ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks.
- Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Deliver on cost, performance & weight targets pertaining to the Module
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing, repair, and test & field issue resolution under the mentorship of senior engineers
- Provide mentoring as needed to the young engineers in the team to meet the program deadlines
- Leverage & analyze the data to provide insights to drive appropriate actions
- – Bachelors /Masters/Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering specialization with a strong academic track record.
- Opportunities are available across experience levels of 2 years to 7 years.
- Experience in Aviation Engines or Turbomachinery Design, Product Support Engineering (PSE) or hardware ownership position.Strong engineering problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong project management skills including cross-functional coordination of activities.Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes