Position – Design Engineer
Company – GEA Group
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.The Global Engineering Pool in India is committed to deliver skilled resources to support projects and Internal standardization activities with in GEA for LPT as well as other GEA divisions with ultimate aim of generating potential savings for GEA by utilization of low-cost resources.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- 2D to 3D drawing conversion
- Obtaining Design inputs & evaluating the sufficiency of the same
- Planning the overall work in line with Project schedules.
- Basic/mechanical design.
- Checking of drawings & BOM’s.
- Review of drawings with Engineering-Manager for Approval.
- Release of Equipment Fabrication drawings & BOM’s for Fabrication.
- Incorporation of Customer’s comments.
- Obtaining interdisciplinary review/approval.
- Checking material cutting layouts (sheet metal layouts preferred)
- Other Departmental activities / Other activities as required
Specific Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent user of CAD tools
- PLM/PDM Software
- Team player
- Attitude to learn new technology
- International Code and Standards (FDA, 3A, ANSI, DIN< ISO, USDA…) Hygienic design for food processing
- Stainless steel and/or plastic as material
- Willing to work on multiple technologies
Your profile and qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in mechanical engineering.
- Excellent written and oral English skills are a must
Years and type of experience:
3-6 years of design experience using one or more of the following software:
- Keytech (Preferred)
- Autodesk AutoCAD
Experience with design of stainless steel components of sheet metal or machined parts for the Food processing and packaging, Dairy, Chemical, and Pharma industry.
- GEA is one of the largest technology suppliers for food processing and a wide range of other industries. The global group focuses on technologies, components and sustainable solutions for sophisticated production processes in diverse end-user markets.
- Our long-term strategy is based on our central goal to be the partner of choice for customers worldwide. We strive to be the world’s leading technology group, providing innovative and sustainable solutions for sophisticated process industries.
Our vision & values
- Our Vision & Values represent the cornerstones of our management philosophy. They are a crucial element of a common GEA identity.
- GEA is a group structured along technologies with five divisions and country organizations around the globe. The listed company is headquartered in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Founded in 1881, GEA has continued to develop and set new standards to meet the needs of the market and its customers. Today, GEA is a globally active and leading company, known for its outstanding technologies worldwide, particularly for the food industry.
Sustainability at GEA
- As part of our commitment to increased transparency and improving the sustainability of our business activities and customer solutions, GEA has published its first-ever stand-alone GEA Sustainability Report for fiscal year 2020.
- The corporate success of GEA depends to a high degree on the performance of our suppliers. Our worldwide purchasing organization is therefore constantly looking for new high-performing suppliers who can effectively contribute to meeting our overriding corporate objective of customer satisfaction.
- We seek to work with companies who contribute to sustainable development: ethically, socially, environmentally and economically.
Code of conduct
- GEA is committed to treating its stakeholders with trust and fairness. Excellence, passion, integrity, responsibility and GEA-versity – these are the cornerstones of our philosophy and values we hold high within GEA.
- Our supplier portal offers interested suppliers direct access to a possible partnership with GEA.
Jobs and careers at GEA
Why work for GEA?
- Here are five reasons why you should work for GEA. Ultimately, of course, the decision is entirely yours. Will you take that next step and meet with us?
125 years separation Getting old is easy, it’s getting better that matters
We’re contributing to a better world
- Get insights, learn about key industry trends and find out how GEA is driving innovation to help customers and consumers.
We take a customer view
- Find out how GEA lives ‘Engineering for a better world’ every day to find solutions for customers and consumers.