Spread the love
Position – Technical Lead-Product Definition
LM Wind Power
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- The Technical Lead operates as a technical responsible for the assigned team and as individual contributor for deliverable meeting customer and project needs. In this role you will work within Product Design & Eng function by interfacing with other business functional teams to deliver wind turbine blade component designs & documentation. This role will utilize your expertise to mentor and train team members while participating in department and business wide continuous improvement initiatives.
- The Technical Lead is fully responsible for the assigned product Definition activities. This includes development and implementation of the detailed design/Technical documentation as a part of a ‘complete package’ in Regions and relevant group functions, including specification of needed equipment and verification of design during production.
- Create part definitions, CAD models, assemblies, drawings, BOM, Technical documents & specifications.
- Lead the discussions with component owners & project managers to understand the scope of the activities and contribute to design concepts.
- Pro-actively interact with cross functional teams (sourcing, manufacturing etc.) to incorporate all the requirements/inputs in to product design.
- Thoroughly understand the project execution scope, manage the project priorities, timelines and ensure quality of the deliverables via KPIs.
- Self-directing environment with complete end to end project ownership
- Lead productivity and process enhancement initiatives
- Effectively communicate and document results for internal and external customers
- Contribute towards Product cost out and Intellectual property creation
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering standards and procedures
- Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
- Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews.
- Product Lifecycle management of Bill of Materials (BOM) & ECR, ECO affected item completeness based on instruction.
- Open to domestic/ International Travels for business requirements atleast 20% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7-12 years experience.
- Sound expertise in CAD skills: 3D solid modeling, Surface modeling, Assembly & drafting
- Good experience in modelling of Composite structures & sound knowledge on composites.
- Good experience & sound expertise in UG NX, AutoCAD, Catia and Enovia / Teamcenter tools.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in NX cad tool is desirable.
- Knowledge on Technical Documentation and product data(ECR) management is desirable
- Sound Expertise in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) practices
- Good understanding on Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) systems and Knowledge on PLM tools.
- Experience with New product development processes, Blade experience of Wind Domain is preferred.
- Prepare product specifications and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instruction. Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports.
- Structured way of approach & attention to technical details
- Exposure to wind turbine blade manufacturing processes
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Exposure to Global working environment.
- Strong communicator within a project team and towards other departments and plants.
- Able to assist colleagues in daily tasks and mentor new engineers.
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Establish himself as “go-to” person with know-how and know-why.
Spread the love