Position – Lead engineer – Mechanical components
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
The Lead engineer in COE will be responsible for the technical execution of projects or programs in terms of quality, cost, safety, and reliability. He/she will be responsible for the timely completion of milestones & key deliverables of his project in terms of quality, safety & reliability. He / She will work with coordination of system integrators & engineers in interfacing COE & function for the execution of the project.
He shall have good experience in the design of large hydro projects preferably some expertise in the design of the Hydro generator domain. He shall be able to resolve any technical issue during the execution of the project with interfacing functions & site crew.
- Responsible to deliver work package for project or program in defined time & budget limits with the right level of quality.
- Responsible to deliver design, drawing, and BOMs as per project schedule.
- Responsible for timely execution of projects & his key deliverables, First pass yield, cost optimization & risk reduction -margin slippage.
- Follow the process & perform/lead the design reviews for his project, close the validation process with the responsible principal/ consulting engineer.
- Understands Reliability / Safety / Cost ,
- Respects GE Global Engineering technical know-how rules. (Technology, Quality, TRS…) .
- Exercise technical discretion and decision making; Will work closely with supply chain & other functions & interfacing CoEs and Regions
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort to maintain healthy group dynamics.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor / Advanced degree in engineering
- Strong experience in execution of basic & detail engineering with checking & validation skills
- Strong knowledge in one or several Hydro products/components/ Systems. Experience in execution of engineering of hydro projects & detailed know-how on Hydro generator design
- Shall be open-minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with a cross-regional team of respective CEOs
- Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication. Knowledge of other languages preferable however not mandatory
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy; ability to interact with functions
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills; strong communicator … ability to translate insights into clear strategic recommendations;
- Strong cost, safety, and reliability culture
- Ability to work in a team around labor standards
- Manage activity in a multicultural and multilocation environment
- Ability to define his/her priorities
- Rigorous analysis and action
- Open to change
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team-player … positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Position – Reliability Service Engineering Manager
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
As Reliability Service Engineering Manager, you will be part of the LM Service function within the LM Front End Engineering department. Your role is critical in servicing technologies, products, and resolution of fleet issues to meet the expected performance of the blade for the end customer.
The Reliability service engineer Manager is the key driver to roll-out design for reliability principles in the LM engineering department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be motivating, supporting, and developing the Reliability Engineering team and Blade Inspection Analyze Team (BIAT)
- Help Identify RAMS requirements and integrate them in blade specifications (MTBF; MTTR, failure rate, etc.)
- Fleet Reliability assessment and reliability targets feedback into the design. Drive a reliability roadmap to progressively reduce LM blade failures in the field
- Ensure DFMEA review and update based on field experience. Maintain DFMEA along blade lifecycle. Specific focus on reducing severity and occurrence of failures
- Introduce RAMS tools as a baseline to structured field issues analysis
- Participate in new product introduction to ensure design for reliability inputs are implemented in the design.
- Lead Partner with Reliability quality team to create an end-to-end reliability team aiming to reduce warranty exposure while tackling the technical reliability problems
- Be the link to field Services
- Help/drive development of AI algorithm for drone and visual inspections
- Drive the development of the Inspection platform together with customers
- Support Service and Customer queries related to RAMS figures
- Drive a 0-failure mindset for LM products that lead to increased availability of end-customer assets.
- BE/ BTech or ME/ MTech degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering or similar and 5-7 years of experience.
- Knowledgeable in DFMEAs, RAMS processes and tools
- Familiar with structured problem-solving techniques. Demonstrated ability to evaluate and resolve technical problems.
- Demonstrated strong system thinking and quality mindset. Ability to assess tradeoffs, effectively assess risk, and optimize results.
- Have people management skills and ability to motive and engage team members/colleagues
- Quick to learn & adopt new technologies and product introduction into service business.
- Able to manage highly skilled people
- Experience in Wind business and blade design
- Ability to design, analyze, document and plan
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No