Position – Engineer – Instrumentation
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Job Description Summary
The Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
You will be responsible to drive technical excellence and continuous improvement in the design, cost, and reliability of the assigned task.
Roles and Responsibilities
The engineer will be responsible for:
- The basic design of hydro Turbine Instruments along with auxiliary systems & Piping for hydroelectric power station projects.
- Responsible to generate, verifying, and control of project-specific design drawings, specs, Installation, O&M instructions, and other technical documents required to source, manufacture, test, install or maintain the units by applying GE and industry processes and standards.
- Responsible for analyzing qualitative and quantitative technical and commercial information on the project, including technical specifications, proposals, reference designs, and other sources of information necessary for the preparation of the project to comply with such requirements;
- Support manufacturing, sourcing, and field support with issue resolution and quick corrective actions for design-related causes (NCR, SDR); Drive quick, complete technical root cause analysis of field failures and identify design-related corrective actions to prevent recurrence;
- Identify and execute cost-saving ideas and strategies;
- Prioritize, plan and execute tasks when executing own work packages for multiple projects in parallel;
- Ensure the realization of informal and formal Design Reviews.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Create functional diagrams of generator auxiliaries (PIDs)
- Calculate Water and Oil flow, temperatures, pressures, …
- Be a technical referent on the dedicated sub-assembly (mechanical auxiliaries, instrumentation,
control monitoring, …)
- Support standardization actions in relation to the Sourcing department and suppliers
- Support project teams in front of their customers, suppliers, partners, …
- Analyze supplier’s offers and drive technical clarifications.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation / Electronics/Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering, good in Instrumentation fundamentals
- At least 3 years of strong experience in the design of Instrumentation. Experience in Hydro turbine will be preferred.
- Open to change,
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team player… positive & engaged contributor to the team,
- Willingness to learn & adapt to business needs
- Ability to generate ideas to simplify processes or designs.
- Strong technical aptitude, applicable engineering tools, and systems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Experience working with suppliers, OEMs, or customers;
- Passion to contribute to innovative solutions, cost-out actions, and process improvement;
- Ability to work in a global matrix team environment;
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes