Position – Engineer- LM EFP
Company – GE Renewable energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Help discover Energy transition with LM Wind Power Blades by contributing towards Wind turbine blade structural solutions as LM Engineering foundation program (LM-EFP) member. LM EFP is an inclusive program for those who have passion for technology, engineering excellence and desire for accelerated professional development. It will enhance participants professional development through intense technical training cum hands on real product problems aimed to create broader expertise as well as technical depth needed for new product development. If you are looking for career in Engineering with passion towards technology & core engineering skills in composite structures, the LM Engineering foundation program is for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a LM Engineering Foundation Program member, you will:
- Work on impactful, technically challenging projects in LM Wind Power blades, covering wide areas to build competency for structural activities of new product development.
- Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers on application of NPI design tools.
- Own composite structure activities for NPI or NTI and find structural solutions that are competitive in cost and quality.
- Grow your technical expertise in wind composite blade structure tools, methods, and technology.
- Flexible to rotate in 1-2 different groups/functions during 18 months EFP period based on business and competency development need.
- Perform design and analysis of composite structure concepts using CATIA, ABAQUS, PATRAN & In-house tools.
- Lead and/or participate as a presenter and/or reviewer in structure design review and build Design Specifications & Design Practice awareness.
- Build exposure for Wind Blade Testing & Certification from structural perspective
- Acquire wind blade product/manufacturing knowledge build up with extensive support during product launch.
- Contribute towards root cause analysis of blade failures and identify design related corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Participate in leadership development training with GE program members from other businesses and locations.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace or Civil Engineering from a reputed university with specialization in Structural domain.
- Demonstrated Academic excellence with sound engineering fundamentals
- 0-2 years of experience in a mechanical structural design engineering position
- Passion for engineering with strong technical attitude and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Curiosity to explore different Engineering roles and topics
- Fluent in English, Verbal & Written
- Strong dedication to a career in technology and a real passion for engineering
- Willingness to learn LM inhouse blade design tools, processes, and breakthrough composite technology
- Proactive, self-motivated, and innovative in approach with focus on possibilities than limitations
- Team player with a competitive spirit to excel
- Willingness to travel (domestic/international) at short notice
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA.For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No