Position – Engineer- Mechanical Component
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Padappai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is a latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical fields of knowledge; while still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer-facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customers and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- At least 4 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
Skills and abilities:
- Generate 3D models of parts, assemblies and creation of manufacturing drawing, using Creo.
- Should have experience in Steel structure Design, especially in heavy Engineering equipment.
- Knowledge of using Pro/PROGRAM, relations, macros, Family table etc in Creo.
- Experience in Oil & Gas or Renewable Energy projects.
- Should have worked in PLM tool / PTC Windchill.
- Knowledge of GIS Product / substation.
- Good communication
- Ability to work in a team and international environment
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes