GE Healthcare is Hiring | Lead Production Team Leader |
Position – Lead Production Team Leader
Company – GE Healthcare
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Description Summary
Perform the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees. Typically managing hourly employee populations.
- Developing conceptual knowledge of professional discipline. May include support roles with specialized expertise or technical knowledge in broad area.
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or experience.
- Understands how work of own team contributes to the area.
- Resolves issues using established procedures. Consults supervisor or more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Collaborates with CFT’s (Cross Functional Teams) to solve issues pertaining to improve the efficiency of operation.
- Develops strong relationships and serves as the interface among Supply Chain Functions.
- Exchanges technical information asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Work with other functional managers/key stakeholders throughout manufacturing to generate continuous improvement ideas and spearheads the implementation of those ideas that lead to bottom line results
- Track and report metrics in their functional area to include labor hour consumption, work order completion, inventory accuracy, throughput, capacity, and customer complaints.
- Establish team goals that meet or exceed established quality standards.
- Develop and manage operational budget for their functional area.
- Implement business unit objectives and manufacturing department goals in each functional area.
- Drive, Monitoring and improving productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
- Developing and creating training plans to maximize workforce capability
- Leading Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
- Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation.
- Coach & Guide junior Engineers/PTLs.
- Spare Stores & Chemical management for site.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 6 months Shop floor/ factory experience
- Self-starter, energizing, result oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and people management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No